Do take note that if you access any third-party link or website from our Services, you may need to refer to the privacy policies of such third parties. Chavan Consultancy does not endorse and is not responsible for the information or privacy practices of websites or services owned by third parties.
1. Compliance with laws
Chavan Consultancy processes your Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
2. Use of Personal Information
When Chavan Consultancy collects your Personal Information, Chavan Consultancy notifies the purpose of use of Personal Information to you and never uses it for other purposes than the purpose of use notified to you without prior notice or your consent, unless the use for a compatible purpose is allowed by the applicable law.
3. Security of Personal Information
Chavan Consultancy takes security measures technically and organizationally to prevent loss, destruction, falsification, divulgence or leakage to outside Chavan Consultancy and unauthorized access to your Personal Information. Such measures include access rights management, monitoring of access, anonymization, pseudonymization, careful selection of processors, written agreements with processors, training to our employees and other technically and commercially reasonable measures to provide appropriate protection of your Personal Information.
Types of Information Collected
We may collect and use the following types of information depending on your relationship with Chavan Consultancy (some information listed below is not Personal Information depending on the applicable laws):
- Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
- We may use your personal information to:
- Administer our website and business;
- Personalise our website for you;
- Enable your use of the services available on our website;
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- Keep our website secure and prevent fraud.
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
Disclosing Personal Information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, advisers, agents, insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our affiliates and subsidiaries,) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
- We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business, service or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
International Data Transfers
- Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
- Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
- You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section.
In addition to the information types listed above, we may collect and use other types of information relating to you that you may have voluntarily provided to us, that may have been provided to us in the context of our business relations or that we may have deducted or generated from information that were already in our possession.
Sources of your Information
We may collect your data that you have voluntarily provided to us (for example by applying or registering for an event, visiting our booth at a congress, participating in trade fairs, webinars, seminars, training events, by submitting your resume or business cards, responding to a survey or participating in a website feature, or by contacting our call center) or that was provided to us by the company or organization you work for.
We may receive or indirectly collect your Personal Information from other sources such as our business partners, data brokers, or public sources such as social networks, public websites and social media (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, WeChat).
Purposes of the use of the information held by Chavan Consultancy
We may use your Personal Information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To contact you for specific requests or inquiries (for example to obtain consultancy services, to respond to your queries);
- To manage our business relationship;
- To communicate with you (via meeting, regular mail, email, telephone or other means) about our products and/or services;
- To share with you information that might be of your interest;
- To identify your interest as an existing or potential customer or user in particular products or services for marketing and product/services promotion (prospecting and profiling), to provide you better support and to better respond to your inquiries and needs and of those of our patients;
- To invite you to provide feedback or participate in customer surveys, market research and surveys to develop or improve our products and related services;
- To use this information for our overall customer relationship management (CRM);
- To authorize you to access Chavan Consultancy’s website (“our website”);
- To manage tenders, orders, logistics and collection of payments;
- To perform pre- and post-market research;
- To manage product failures and recalls;
- To manage grants and donations;
- To consider and handle your recruitment (for example when you apply for a job through our website) or contactor relationship;
- To manage your work, salary payment, evaluation, development of ability, welfare, health and safety and other HR-related matters;
- To contact you in emergency situations such as natural disasters;
- To communicate with you about your rights and benefits as shareholder, for example sending notice of shareholders’ meeting, business report and other distributions and to deal with the affairs related to the exercise thereof;
- To protect our legal rights (including disputes and litigation) and ensure security and protection of our organization, our customers, suppliers and the public in general;
- To comply with laws, regulations, industry standards (such as vigilance reporting and transparency reporting), public authority requests, and court orders;
- To prevent and detect fraud and other offences and to ensure compliance;
- To notify you about changes to our website and ensure the ongoing accuracy and relevance of your data;
- To process services.
- To develop and improve our services.
- To acquire regulatory approval from necessary authorities.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
However, we may be obliged to store some Personal Information for a longer time, taking into account factors including:
the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims (e.g. for the purposes of a potential dispute).
Whilst we continue to process your Personal Information, we will ensure that it is treated in accordance with this Policy. Otherwise, we securely erase or anonymize your Personal Information once it is no longer needed.
Protection of personal information
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures designed to provide an adequate level of security and confidentiality to your Personal Information.
The purpose of these measures is to protect Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction or alteration, accidental loss, unauthorized disclosure, or access and against other unlawful forms of processing.
Data subject’s rights
Depending on the applicable law to the processing, you may have the right to:
- To be informed about how we process your Personal Information
- Access your Personal Information
- Correct your Personal Information
- Delete your Personal Information
- Restrict processing your Personal Information
- Lodge a Complaint about the processing of your Personal Information
In order to guarantee the security of your Personal Information and to avoid any misuse, before responding to your request, we will ask you to provide us with an acceptable proof of your identity and will verify the legitimacy of your request and whether all the conditions have been satisfied.
Results of unavailability of your personal information
Providing personal information to us is voluntary on your part. You can choose not to provide us your information, however if you do, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable products or services, and you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our websites.
Providing the information to third parties
Chavan Consultancy will not sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make Personal Information commercially available to any third-party except you consent to us doing so or to the third parties stipulated below:
(a) Chavan group of companies
We may share your Personal Information within our group of companies
(b) Service providers
We also share your Personal Information with our third-party service provides as necessary. We carefully select these service providers and take steps to ensure that your Personal Information is adequately protected. All of our service providers are bound by written contract to process Personal Information provided to them only for the purpose of providing the specific service to us and to maintain appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Information.
(c) Industrial associations
We may be required to disclose your Personal Information to relevant authorities and industrial associations in order to comply with the regulations on such as vigilance, transparency report, application for regulatory approval, product recall and other reports.
(d) Other authorities
We may also be requested to disclose your Personal Information as required by other authorities such as ministry, court, tax agency, local government office under laws, regulations, court orders or administrative orders. In this case, only the information specifically requested is disclosed.
(e) Acquirer, investor
We may disclose your Personal Information to our potential acquirer or investor in case of merger, acquisition, assignment, joint venture or other corporate transactions related to Chavan Consultancy.
Cross border transfer of personal information
We are an international organization, operating globally, and in some cases, we transfer your Personal Information to a country or a region outside your residence / location which may not guarantee the same level of protection or Personal Information as the one in your residence. Before transferring any Personal Information abroad, we will take all necessary measures in accordance with applicable laws and regulations to ensure that the recipient will safeguard the Personal Information consistent with our policy and applicable laws.
Your rights and the ways to exercise them
Whenever we process Personal Information, we take reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date for the purposes for which they were collected. We will provide you with the ability to exercise the following rights under the conditions and within the limits set forth in the law.
- the right to be informed about what personal information we have about you and how we process your Personal Information;
- the right to access your Personal Information as processed by us and, if you believe that any information relating to you is incorrect, obsolete, or incomplete, to request its correction or updating;
- the right to request the erasure of your Personal Information or the restriction thereof to specific categories of processing; and
- the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing before such withdrawal;
When you visit or interact with our website, we (or our third-party providers) may use “cookies” or other similar technologies to personalize and enhance your experience. A “cookie” is a small piece of information sent to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected devices to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Cookies are used in particular to make our websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide data to the website owners.
The majority of web browsers accept cookies and similar files, but you can usually change your browser settings to prevent this. If for any reason you decide that you do not like our use of certain cookies, you can simply change your settings at any time. However, if you do so, some functionality of our websites may be lost. Please see the cookie notice in respective Chavan Consultancy websites for details.
How will you know whether Chavan Consultancy has updated this policy